Our Current Facility
The Original Location
Zelazoski Wood Products began as Thomas Zelazoski Manufacturing Company in 1924 in a vacant blacksmith shop in Antigo, Wisconsin. With four employees, the company manufactured mostly farm related items.
In 1928 it began producing blocks for the brush and broom industry. Growth was slow but steady and the company moved to a larger facility in 1940. Although brush and broom blocks were the main products of the company, farm related items, crutches, cutlery racks, furniture parts and other special wooden products filled in the production schedule.
The company was incorporated by Tom and his two sons, Clarence and Bernard, in 1958 under the name of Zelazoski Wood Products, Inc. and continued its slow, steady growth. By the early 1990s, it became impractical to put any more additions on the old facility. A new structure was built and opened in the spring of 1997. This allowed all production to come together under one roof as well as expand warehousing and customer services.
Today Zelazoski Wood Products is owned by four of Tom’s grandsons who are active in the business. Brush and broom blocks continue to be some the main products manufactured as well as grill scrapers, animal grooming tools, fishing lure bodies and occasionally some farm related items. Northern hardwoods are the main raw material used but softwoods, plywood, exotic woods, and even plastics can be utilized to manufacture parts according to the customers’ specifications.
We look forward to your inquiries. Send us a drawing or sample. We will be happy to provide a quote.